Designing Marketable Web PagesMr. Michael Cohn
July 19, 2013 — 1,420 views
Everyone knows that content is king but it is also important to ensure that your content is everything that it needs to be f or your business and f or the benefit of your online connections. It needs to solve problems.
You have a responsibility to take care of the needs and wants of your target audience by providing them with valuable, compelling, insightful content that will give them solutions to their problems. By accomplishing this, you will also be fulfilling the needs of your business as well. You will be developing valuable, mutually beneficial relationships that will endure over time. One very important way to communicate through your content is with web pages.
The Necessity of Top-Quality Web Pages
Web pages are a critical tool in your online marketing strategy armamentarium. When it comes to your web page content, you are essentially targeting three different groups of people.
- Your online visitors: First and foremost, it is important to understand that without people, your business doesn’t have a chance of succeeding. People must be your first consideration.
- Your business: The ultimate reason that you are doing all that you are doing with your business is to eventually sell your products and/or services and to become a raging success. As important as it is not to give anyone online the “hard sell,” it is important to keep sight of your goal and to work your online marketing so that you eventually achieve what you have set out to do.
- Pleasing the search engines: It is common knowledge that the search engines need to pick up what you are offering online and your goal is that they rank you and your business at the top of the page.
Of course, as critical as it is f or you to fulfill all three, it isn’t always the easiest thing to accomplish. That is why the tool that was discussed earlier, top-quality web pages, must have a brilliant strategy and your knowledge and expertise. It is important f or you to choose the content that you want to go on your web pages very carefully. Strategy is everything in this case. Your content not only must be well written but it must be journalistic quality and your attention to detail must be impeccable, you must have a sharp focus on your target audience and you must have spot on marketing.
The Planning Stage
In the planning stage, you will be doing a great deal of research so that you eventually come up with content that really makes a big impact. This is the time f or you to decide what you want the page to do and what you want it to say. You will also be deciding on keywords in this phase and what goals you have in mind. Even though you are not yet in the position to put anything online yet, you will find that you are working very hard. Writing content, if you are really doing a good job of it, is hard work. As you are doing your research, there are a couple of very important things to remember: you must figure out a way to wrap your mind around the business and you must find a way to wrap your mind around your target audience.
When it comes to the keywords that you choose, you must proceed very carefully because keywords will bring you the online results that you are hoping f or. It is very important to remember that your keywords are extremely important and their quality will make all the difference in the world. If you aren’t sure where to begin your keyword research, there are some things that you can do to make it easier to accomplish this successfully.
- Make a decision as to whether that particular web page has a selling or a research focus. The reason that this is important is because it will drive the types of keywords that work on your web pages.
- Ask your clients their opinion about keywords. Their input may be more valuable than you think. You don’t necessarily have to do everything that they suggest; however, they may have some creative suggestions.
- Check out the keywords that your competitors are using. This is an easy one. You can find this information by looking at their web pages. When you get to their web pages, right click, look at the page source and click on the keyword tag. You may be surprised at what you discover.
- Develop a list of possible keywords that you wish to consider. It will be helpful for you to use free keyword tools to develop your list. There is no doubt that you will have to work at this; however, it will be well worth the time that you invest in it.
Your web presence consists of many different elements and your website is one part. Thecontent that you post on your web pages must be appealing, informative and exciting forpeople who take the time to read them. The strategy behind your content must be wellthought out and executed perfectly f or maximum results. You should follow the appropriatesteps in the appropriate order. If you do it right from the beginning. The results will befantastic and well worth the effort. Always keep your business goals in mind and stick toyour strategy. It will work f or you.
Mr. Michael Cohn
CompuKol Communications LLC
Michael Cohn is the founder and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of CompuKol Communications LLC. He has over 25 years of experience in IT and web technologies.