Meta Tag Importance in Search Engine Optimization
|OnDemand Webinar||$149||Add to Cart|
Meta tags continue to play an ongoing role in SEO, but they are often misunderstood. There are still many that believe that meta tags are all that is required to "do SEO", but this is no longer the case. However, meta tags still play a vital role in SEO, just as part of a larger picture.
Order this on-demand webinar to see what this new role is, and how to get this important piece of your overall SEO strategy on a sound footing to create a solid foundation for the rest of your SEO efforts.
5 Reasons to Order
- You will learn what role meta tags fill in the SEO picture, and perspective on why they are only a piece of SEO.
- You will learn which meta tag impacts search rankings.
- You will learn which meta tag impacts click through rate on search results.
- You will learn which meta tag you can ignore.
- You will learn how new meta tags such as noindex and nofollow work, and when to use them.
AuthorsEric Enge, Stone Temple Consulting
The Context for Meta Tags
• How They Used to Be Huge Factor in SEO
• Role Has Changed in Significant Ways
• Still Play a Vital Role, but as Part of a Larger Picture
Title Tags - the Most Important Tag of All
• Role of Keyword Research
• The Golden Rules of Title Tags
Meta Description Tag
• Not Used in Ranking
• It's Role in CTR
• When Used by Google®
• Guidelines for How to Write Good Ones
Meta Keywords Tag
• No Impact on Ranking
• No Impact on CTR
• Rules for Implementation
• WordPress® Does Not Allow You to Set Meta Tags by Default
• Outline of Some Plugins That Allow You to Set Them
Other Content Management Systems
• Importance of Verifying Capability Prior to Selection of a CMS
• There Are CMS Systems That Do Not Allow Title Tags to Be Set by Page
• Don't Buy Those
• Known Good CMS'
Noindex and Nofollow
• Basic Function
• Use Cases
Other Types Of Tags